Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm supporting Carl Trujillo because...


Each day I wake up concerned whether or not my children will have the same opportunities in their futures than I had in mine. Unfortunately, I’m becoming more and more discouraged about the current trend of our state government. Political tricks and games have taken a priority over the future of our children. Throughout the years I have observed career politicians line their pockets and the pockets of their friends while the children, elderly and others in need in our communities continue to suffer.

Like me, Carl Trujillo shares the same concern over the future of our children and our communities. This is why I am supporting him.

Carl and I both grew up here in Northern Santa Fe County. We both care deeply about our communities and its residents.

My family has deep roots in Northern New Mexico. My great grandfather and grandfather were sheep and cattle ranchers and I too grew up working on a cattle ranch. I believe that Northern New Mexico is one of the most beautiful and culturally-rich places on this Earth, which is why after graduating from college I returned to Northern New Mexico to raise my family. Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to start a career in Research and Development here in Northern New Mexico.

I have worked with Carl for the past 12 years and during this time I have also come to know Carl on personal level. We have had many discussions regarding our concern that our state government is not providing the foundation for a sustainable, successful community. We both share concerns that our young sons will not be able to secure reliable, well-paying careers here in Northern New Mexico and out of economic necessity will be forced to move elsewhere.

The problems are sitting right in front of us, yet it feels as though our communities do not have a voice. Our communities do not need more of the same corrupt, career politicians. We need a change; we need someone who listens to the residents of our communities; we need someone who will be the voice for our communities and will always work for us and not their own political agenda.

Carl is motivated, intelligent, innovative, ethical and a good person. I feel that Carl will always put our communities and children first—as a lifelong Northern New Mexican community member and father—that is why I’m supporting Carl.

Sincerely,

Thomas A. Sisneros