Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm supporting Carl Trujillo because...


I am a parent and an educator in the Santa Fe community. I have two
young boys who currently attend one of Santa Fe Public Schools

Over the years, I have actively advocated for raising the standards of
education in New Mexico. I have listened to a lot of politicians talk
about education and how much they care about improving it. I think
most of them mean well, but somehow when it comes to their votes and actions, politics seem to get in the way. The politicians begin worrying about their interests and that of their contributors instead of the kids in our community. This situation has made me lose hope in seeing any improvement in public education in my lifetime, but let me tell you some good news.

There is a candidate who’s different, someone who actually listens to what we in the community have to say, someone who cares about the future of our kids in New Mexico.

That candidate is Carl Trujillo, and he's running to be our state representative here in the northern part of Santa Fe. I have talked to Carl about what we can do to help solve some of the problems that our education system faces. Let me tell you he “gets” it. But even more importantly, he took the time to ask for my opinion and to listen and respect my experience and ideas.


Carl understands that he needs to include everyone in order to improve our community. He continues to meet with teachers, parents, students, administrators, and community leaders and continues to listen.

I have complete confidence in his ability to work with everyone in order to improve the education system here in New Mexico. That is why Carl has my vote and that is why I encourage anyone who reads this to support Carl as well.


Lina Germann
PhD, MBA